The Pet Sitting Club (hereafter referred to as “we”, “us”, or “our”) provides an online platform that connects dog owners with dog lovers who wish to host dogs in their home and/or offer other dog related services (collectively, the “Services”). These services are offered at The Pet Sitting Club (the “Site”). By using the site, you agree to comply with and be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”), whether or not you become a registered user of the Services. These Terms govern your access to and use of the Site and all Content (defined below), and constitute a binding legal agreement between you and The Pet Sitting Club. If you do not agree to these Terms, you have no right to obtain information from or otherwise continue using the Site and should not use the Site.
The Site is operated by The Pet Sitting Club, registered in the UK with company number 10944100 and Postal address: 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, United Kingdom, WC2H 9JQ. The Site and Services are intended solely for persons who are 18 or older. Any access to or use of the Site or Services by anyone under 18 is expressly prohibited. By accessing or using the Site you represent and warrant that you are 18 or older.
The site and services compromise an online platform through which hosts (defined below)may create listings for services (defined below)and members (defined below)may learn about and book dog related services. You acknowledge and agree that The Pet Sitting Club is not a party to any agreement entered into between hosts ands members – members contract for services directly with hosts. The Pet Sitting Club has no control over the conduct of members, hosts, dogs, dog owners, or any other users of the site and services, and disclaim all liability in this regard.
“CONTENT” means text, graphics, images, music, software, audio, video, information, documents, compilations, data or other materials.
“HOST” means a Member who creates a Listing via the Site, also called “SITTER”.
“MEMBER” means a person who completes The Pet Sitting Club account registration process (sign up or similar), also called “OWNER”.
“SERVICES” means any services offered on the Site, including but not limited to home dog boarding, pet-sitting, dog walking, dog training, and doggy day care.
“SITE” means the entirety of the The Pet Sitting Club website, related websites and mobile applications.
“THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS means The Pet Sitting Club’s third party agents, contractors, distributors, merchants or sponsors.
Access and Compliance
By accessing the Site, you agree to be bound by the Terms all applicable laws and regulations and that you warrant and represent that you are legally entitled to do so and are abiding by all applicable laws and regulations in the jurisdiction in which you reside. You agree that we may modify this agreement and such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting. You agree to review these Terms each time you use the Site to be aware of modifications. Continued access or use of the Site shall be deemed conclusive evidence of your acceptance of the modified agreement.
Information on the Website
Although The Pet Sitting Club attempts to maintain the integrity and accuracy of the information on the Site, we make no guarantees as to its correctness, completeness, or accuracy. The Site may contain typographical errors, inaccuracies, or other errors or omissions. Also, unauthorized additions, deletions, or alterations could be made to the Site by third parties without our knowledge or consent. If you believe that information found on the Site is inaccurate or unauthorized, please inform us by contacting us via connect@ThePetSittingClub.com.
Your Information and Photos
As part of the Services The Pet Sitting Club occasionally shares photo updates of guest dogs and resident dogs with Site users and the public. You agree that The Pet Sitting Club may, at its sole discretion, publish these photos on the Site and across social media including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and similar sites.
You hereby represent and warrant to The Pet Sitting Club that Your Information (a) will not be false, inaccurate, incomplete or misleading; (b) will not be fraudulent or involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen items; (c) will not infringe any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary right or rights of publicity or privacy; (d) will not violate any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation (including without limitation those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising); (e) will not be defamatory, libellous, unlawfully threatening, or unlawfully harassing; (f) will not be obscene or contain child pornography or be harmful to minors; (g) will not contain any viruses, Trojan Horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information; and (h) will not create liability for The Pet Sitting Club or cause The Pet Sitting Club to lose (in whole or in part) the services of its ISPs or other partners or suppliers.
Dog Boarding Regulations
Each and every Host must ensure they are compliant with the local dog boarding regulations. The Pet Sitting Club is NOT liable for Hosts having applied for a Boarding Establishment License or similar in accordance with the Animal Boarding Establishments Act 1963 (UK example).
Each Host must also ensure:
• that animals will at all times be kept in accommodation suitable as respects construction, size of quarters, number of occupants, exercising facilities, temperature, lighting, ventilation and cleanliness;
• that animals will be adequately supplied with suitable food, drink and bedding material, adequately exercised, and (so far as necessary) visited at suitable intervals;
• that all reasonable precautions will be taken to prevent and control the spread among animals of infectious or contagious diseases, including the provision of adequate isolation facilities;
• that appropriate steps will be taken for the protection of the animals in case of fire or other emergency;
• that a register be kept containing a description of any animals received into the establishment, date of arrival and departure, and the name and address of the owner, such register to be available for inspection at all times by an officer of the local authority, veterinary surgeon or an authorized veterinary practitioner
• the number, breed and size of animals hosted should depend on local regulations as well as any health and safety standards required to provide boarding services.
The Pet Sitting Club, through its proprietary network of Hosts arranges for the provision of the Services to Members, including, but not limited to temporary dog boarding, dog day care and related services in the comfort of the Hosts’ or the Member’s private residences.
As a Host, you may create listings, and will be asked detailed information about your place and pets (if relevant). You may set the pricing and terms for your services within the parameters permitted by the Site. The Pet Sitting Club charge a Service Fee of 20% to the Host for a first booking with a new Owner, to cover the costs of marketing, payment processing and Site administration. As a Host, you contractually agree that the first and all future bookings with a client from The Pet Sitting Club will be booked via the site or by our customer support. If you book with any client outside of the Site you have to pay an introduction fee of £1000 per client payable to The Pet Sitting Club.
As a dog owner you will be charged a 15% Service Fee on top of the Booking Fee on every booking. This service fee will entitle our Members to Free Veterinary Emergency Cover and dedicated Customer Support on all online bookings.
As a Member, you may book Services through the Site. The Pet Sitting Club may charge a Booking Fee (determined at our sole discretion) that will be presented to the Member during the booking process. Upon submission of a booking, The Pet Sitting Club will validate/verify (but not charge) the Member’s credit card. The Host will be given 24 hours to respond to the booking request or the booking request may be automatically cancelled. If the Host accepts the booking request, the full amount of the Service, inclusive of nightly fees, extra fees, and The Pet Sitting Club Service and Booking Fee will be charged to the Member’s card on file immediately. The Pet Sitting Club will transfer the payment (less Service and Booking Fee) to the bank account detailed by the Host after 2-3 business days after the Service has been completed. Hosts agree that if The Pet Sitting Club is unable to receive a payment from a Member for a particular booking, for reasons such as insufficient funds, suspicion of fraud or violation of our Terms & Conditions, The Pet Sitting Club reserves the right to not make a payment to the Host after the booking end date. In the event that a Member has claimed a refund on their first ever booking on The Pet Sitting Club using the First Booking Guarantee (see The Pet Sitting Club Guarantees), Hosts agree that The Pet Sitting Club will only pay the Host up to the minimum unit value based on the service (examples: 1 night for dog boarding, 1 day for day care, 1 hour for dog walking) and fully refund the Member, including The Pet Sitting Club. The Pet Sitting Club reserves the right to decide if the booking qualifies for a refund under the conditions outlined.
By agreeing to our Terms & Conditions, both Hosts and Members are also assuming the responsibility of clear and frequent communication.
For Hosts this includes:
• Responding to Direct Booking requests within 24 hours (after that unanswered requests will expire)
• Responding to Enquiries within 24 hours (after that The Pet Sitting Club reserve the right to cancel the request)
• Being available to communicate with the Member from the moment a booking with that Member is confirmed via our web or mobile applications. Specifically, up to 7 days before the booking start date, the Host should always respond to Member queries no later than 72 hours from the query being sent. in the 7-2 days leading to the booking start date, the Host should respond no later than 36 hours from the query being sent. from the day before the booking start date and during the whole duration of the booking, responding to Member queries no later than 8 hours from the query being sent. If those timeframes are not adhered to, The Pet Sitting Club reserves the right to cancel the booking, fully refunding the Member regardless of the Host’s selected cancellation policy.
• Being available for a “Meet and Greet” before the booking commences, if a Member requests so. If a Host refuses a “Meet and Greet” that a Member has requested, The Pet Sitting Club reserves the right to cancel the booking, fully refunding the Member regardless of the Host’s selected cancellation policy.
For Members this includes:
• Confirming and paying for pre-approved bookings within 48 hours from the pre-approval, to reserve the Host’s availability. If the service is not needed anymore, cancelling the request in order to notify the Host that their service is no longer needed. If the request is not confirmed or cancelled within 48 hours, The Pet Sitting Club retains the right to cancel the request on the Member’s behalf.
• Being available to communicate with the Host from the moment a booking with that Member is confirmed via our web or mobile applications. Specifically, (a) In the 7-2 days the booking start date, the Member should always respond to the Host within 48 hours, to ensure that all details are arranged before the booking begins, (b) on the day before the booking start date, on the booking start date and on the booking end date, responding to the Host within 8 hours, to ensure appropriate arrangements for the drop off and the pickup of the dog.
• Providing the Host with an alternative contact in case of an emergency.
• If the service hired in a confirmed booking is no longer needed, the Member agrees that a cancellation is only possible up to the day before the booking start date (with any cancellation fees applicable depending on the Host’s cancellation policy) and only valid if the Member has effectively cancelled the booking through the cancellation functions in the website or mobile apps.
The Pet Sitting Club Booking Guarantees are in place to secure Members’ peace of mind when booking with a Host through ThePetSittingClub.com and to minimise the inconvenience in the event of a Host cancellation. There are two guarantees included:
• First booking guarantee
• Host cancellation guarantee
• The guarantees shall not apply in the case that the Member has failed to provide full and accurate information about their dog, or if the Member’s dog exhibits aggressive or antisocial behaviour while in the Host’s care.
• The guarantees shall not apply when a Member has violated The Pet Sitting Club Terms & Conditions, including but not limited to not honouring the Communication Clause.
FIRST BOOKING GUARANTEE
The Pet Sitting Club works hard to guarantee that Members find a suitable Host for their pet quickly and are satisfied with the quality of the Host. If at any time before the completion of the first 24 hour period of the first ever booking confirmed through ThePetSittingClub.com a Member has any substantiated concerns about the quality of the Host or the physical aspects of the dog boarding environment, they may request a refund from The Pet Sitting Club, regardless of the Host’s cancellation policy, conditional on submitting of a refund request per the claim process below.
1. Notify The Pet Sitting Club in writing by emailing Connect@ThePetSittingClub.com up to 36 hours after the booking starting time (for the purposes of The Pet Sitting Club Guarantees, a booking is considered to start at 8am local time on booking day one, regardless of actual drop-off or pickup times). Include a detailed description of your basis for dissatisfaction and any photographic evidence, if applicable. Please note that we will not be able to process any refunds if we don’t receive written notification up to 36 hours after the booking starts.
2. Allow The Pet Sitting Club between 2-3 weeks to process the refund to the card you used to make the original payment. You will be notified via email when the refund has been processed. Refunds are issued instantly by The Pet Sitting Club once the decision is made but may take between 5-10 business day to appear in your bank statement.
3. For the avoidance of doubt, The Pet Sitting Club shall not process any claims submitted after 36 hours of booking start time nor related to reasons for dissatisfaction arising from events or opinions after that time.
4. The First Booking Guarantee policy only applies to a Member’s first ever booking confirmed through the ThePetSittingClub.com website or mobile applications.
5. The Pet Sitting Club reserve the right to not issue a refund if there is no evidence or if the evidence of the dissatisfaction is deemed insufficient. The Pet Sitting Club also reserve the right to decide on any claim submitted at our own discretion as well as to update our policies from time to time.
HOST CANCELLATION GUARANTEE
If at any point while the booking is Confirmed or In Progress (but not yet Completed) the Host cancels the booking, The Pet Sitting Club shall:
• Refund the member in full
• Assist the member in finding an alternative Host on ThePetSittingClub.com and cover up to 25% of any price difference between the original cancelled booking and the new alternative, if the booking is cancelled by the Host within 10 days before the booking start date.
In no event shall The Pet Sitting Club cover price differences for alternative booking secured outside of The Pet Sitting Club (e.g. at kennels or through private offline arrangements). In addition, The Pet Sitting Club shall do the utmost to assist the Member in finding alternative Hosts but shall not be liable for any consequential losses arising out of the Member not being able to secure an alternative.
For Emergency Medical Situations Involving a Member’s Dog:
Members should ensure that the Host is provided with contact information to reach the Member in the event an emergency medical situation arises involving a Member’s Dog. Members and Hosts acknowledge and agree that, to the extent any situation arises where the Member’s Dog is required to receive emergency veterinary care while in the care or custody of the Host, the Host shall make reasonable efforts to contact the Member and notify him or her of the situation. In the event the Host notifies The Pet Sitting Club of the situation, the Host should contact The Pet Sitting Club at our customer support number and The Pet Sitting Club shall make reasonable efforts to contact the Member to notify them of the situation. If Member cannot be reached following reasonable efforts, Member authorizes Host and The Pet Sitting Club to authorize care on his/her behalf in order to promptly treat Member’s dog. Members acknowledge and agree that the costs of any such treatment for emergency medical situations is the sole and exclusive responsibility of the Member and that Member’s credit card may be billed for any amount to reimburse costs incurred by the Host or The Pet Sitting Club attendant thereto. In certain circumstances, Member may seek reimbursements of these costs or a portion thereof through coverage included under The Pet Sitting Club Insurance Coverage policies. The determination of what constitutes an emergency medical situation in relation to such coverage is at the sole and exclusive discretion of our insurance Underwriters.
In order to qualify for Insurance Coverage, Members must comply strictly with any requirements set forth in the Terms, as well as the following: (1) booking their dog’s stay through the Site; (2) notifying The Pet Sitting Club via email of the injury during the dog’s stay or within 48 hours of the injury; and (3) submitting written documentation from a veterinarian in good standing of the costs and demonstrating that they were incurred due to a new injury and not illness or pre-existing injury. The Pet Sitting Club may also request additional veterinarian records for the Member’s dog in order to validate any claims. This Insurance Coverage is void in any jurisdiction where prohibited. This Insurance Coverage is also void when an incident or injury occurred while the was off the lead in a public space, except in such areas where explicitly permitted. The Pet Sitting Club shall, in the exercise of its good faith discretion, determine the Member has satisfied the requirements set forth in the Terms and are entitled to reimbursement of requested amounts. To the extent the Member’s existing pet or other insurance covers the applicable injury to a dog, this Insurance Coverage will only apply if the Member seeks reimbursement under such policy and their reimbursement is denied or does not cover all of their out of pocket costs. The Pet Sitting Club may request any documentation regarding insurance claims made by the Member’s insurance provider. This Insurance Coverage is offered automatically without additional consideration to qualifying transactions, and does not convey any additional rights or claims to Members. This Insurance Coverage does not absolve Hosts of any liability or create any rights or claims of any nature for Hosts against The Pet Sitting Club. Hosts agree they are not a third-party beneficiary of Insurance Coverage and they have no right to assert any contribution, offset, or indemnification from The Pet Sitting Club with respect to any liability of the Host for injury to a dog, other property or persons. Consequential Damages (non direct) are not guaranteed.
Bookings with banned or restricted breeds
By using The Pet Sitting Club to book a stay for a dog of a banned or prohibited breed in the Member’s jurisdiction, the Member certifies that they have taken all legal measures prescribed by the law related to this breed, such as obtaining a Certificate of Exemption and their own Third Party Liability Insurance. Both Members and Hosts agree that all legally mandated rules pertaining to the breed and its exemption as determined by the current legislation will be followed during the stay. Both Members and Hosts agree that if the current rules are not followed, The Pet Sitting Club Insurance Coverage becomes void.
For Flea Situations Involving a Member’s Dog:
Members acknowledge and agree that, to the extent any situation arises where the Member’s Dog introduces fleas into a Host’s home, the Member’s credit card may be billed for any amount to reimburse costs incurred attendant thereto. These costs may include, but are not limited to, costs associated with treating a Host’s resident animals and/or home for fleas or flea prevention. It is the responsibility of all Members to disclose any knowledge of flea issues associated with their pets to all Hosts before any Service is rendered.
Home dog boarding is not appropriate for all dogs, especially aggressive poorly socialized dogs.
You acknowledge that it is your sole responsibility, as a Site Member, to determine if home dog boarding is best for your dog and to select the Host carefully. While certain Hosts may receive positive assessments or comments by the Site or its users, The Pet Sitting Club makes no representations or warranties regarding the quality, security or positive features of the Host or the Host’s residence. The Pet Sitting Club is not party to any agreement or transaction between Member and Hosts and, as such, cannot verify or otherwise authenticate any claims made by the Host (including any medical certifications or insurance coverage held by the Host). Moreover, it is incumbent upon you to share any and all relevant information, including but not limited to medical issues, allergies or other conditions, about your dog prior to engaging the Host for dog boarding or other dog-care related services. As a Member, you acknowledge and agree that the entire risk arising out of your use of the Site, including listing and booking Services, is entirely your own. You acknowledge and agree that The Pet Sitting Club is not liable for any damages associate with the administration of dog boarding or other dog services, which may include but are not limited to, bodily injury or death to your dog (whether caused by the Host, any family Member, friend, dog or other affiliate of the Host or any other third party). It is the sole responsibility of Members to make decisions that are in the best interests of themselves and their pets.
Cancellations and Refunds
As a Member, you are given the flexibility to select amongst listings with differing cancellation policies: namely, (a) Flexible – 100% refund up to one day before scheduled dog drop-off date, 50% refund after that; (b) Moderate – 100% refund up to 5-days before scheduled dog drop-off date, 50% refund after that; or (c) 50% refund with 7 days’ notice; after: no refund, except where determined by The Pet Sitting Club in unusual circumstances. Two nights minimum is however non-refundable for cancellations the same day for all policies. Member agrees to be bound by the option selected by Host and agreed to as part of the booking process. After a first-time booking between Member and Host, Member and Host may, at their own discretion, arrange for a live meeting to introduce the Member’s dog to the Hosts place and pets.
Use of the Site
Collecting information about the Site or users of the Site without The Pet Sitting Club’s written consent;
Modifying, framing, rendering (or re-rendering), mirroring, truncating, injecting, filtering or changing any Content of or information contained on the Site, without The Pet Sitting Club written consent;
Using any deep-link, page-scrape, robot, crawl, index, spider, click spam, macro programs, Internet agent, or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology which does the same things, to use, access, copy, acquire information, generate impressions or clicks, input information, store information, search, generate searches, or monitor the Site or any portion or Content thereof;
Accessing or using the site for commercial or competitive purposes; Disguising the origin of information transmitted to, from, or through the Site; Impersonating another person or entity;
Distributing viruses or other harmful computer code;
Allowing any other person or entity to impersonate you to access, use or register with the Site;
Using the Site for any purpose in violation of local, state, national, international laws, including but not limited to any unauthorized use of any Content or information contained on the Site may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and/or communications regulations and statutes;
Using the Site in a way that is intended to harm, or a reasonable person would understand would likely result in harm, to the user or others;
Receiving one or more negative reviews provided to The Pet Sitting Club by Members or non-Members;
Updating a public profile with erroneous contact information or removing contact information;
Failing to respond to messages/inquiries from other The Pet Sitting Club Members or failing to respond to messages/inquiries from other The Pet Sitting Club Members within a timely manner, to be determined at the sole discretion of The Pet Sitting Club;
Behaving or acting in any way that creates a negative experience for a The Pet Sitting Club Member, to be determined at the sole discretion of The Pet Sitting Club;
Behaving or acting in any way that demonstrates a lack of courtesy or professionalism with any The Pet Sitting Club Staff Member that may cause any difficulty providing the best customer service possible for a The Pet Sitting Club Member, to be determined at the sole discretion of The Pet Sitting Club;
Receiving multiple General Inquiries and/or Meet-n-Greets without any (or a abnormally low ratio of) confirmed Reservations, to be determined at the sole discretion of The Pet Sitting Club; Hosts are required to provide periodic photo updates to the Members and The Pet Sitting Club via text message or email;
Circumventing any measures implemented by us aimed at preventing violations of the Terms;
The Pet Sitting Club expressly reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate a user’s access to any interactive services and/or to any or all other areas of the Site due to any act that would constitute a violation of the Terms. In addition to violating the Terms, any of the foregoing actions on your part or on behalf of any entity you are employed or otherwise acting as an agent for constitutes intentional, unauthorized access of a protected computer, may constitute a violation of English law, and may potentially subject you and any affiliated parties to civil liability and criminal prosecution.
The Pet Sitting Club also expressly reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate a User’s access to any interactive services and/or to any or all other areas of the Site due to one or more negative reviews provided to The Pet Sitting Club by Members or non-Members. These reviews are typically, but are not required to be, associated with a Service provided by a Host through The Pet Sitting Club.
It is your obligation to comply with all applicable state, federal and international laws. It is also your obligation to comply with all applicable tax laws and regulations that apply to your activity on the Site. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account information and password and for restricting access to such information and to your computer. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.
Links to Third Party Websites
The Site may contain links or have references to websites controlled by parties other than The Pet Sitting Club. The Pet Sitting Club is not responsible for and does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the contents or use of these third party websites. The Pet Sitting Club is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply or otherwise constitute endorsement by of The Pet Sitting Club linked website and/or the content and materials found at the linked website, except as specifically stated otherwise by. The Pet Sitting Club is your responsibility to take precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use is free of viruses or other items of an intrusive nature.
Limitation of Liability and Release
By agreeing to serve as a Host and board dogs or provide other dog-related services to a Member, you expressly assume the risk of any damages, including property damages or personal injury, which you or anyone else present in your residence may suffer. It is the sole responsibility of Hosts to make decisions that are in the best interests of themselves and their pets. It is strongly recommended that all Hosts schedule a “Meet and Greet” with all dogs and dog owners before providing dog boarding or other dog-related services to mitigate as many risks as possible.
Should you agree to serve as a Host, you agree and acknowledge as follows:
a. I agree that I am and my children/child/ward are voluntarily agreeing to board a dog belonging to another at my home. I am assuming, on behalf of myself and/or my children/child/ward, all risk of personal injury, death or disability to me and/or my child/ward that might result or arise from the boarding of this dog in my home, or any damage, loss or harm to my reason or personal property which I or my children/child/ward may incur. I understand that the risks that come with boarding a dog who is not accustomed to me, my children/child/ward, and my home and that it has inherent risks; and
b. I agree on behalf of myself and/or my children/child/ward and my/their personal representatives, successors, heirs, and assigns to hold The Pet Sitting Club, its affiliates, officers, directors, agents, employees, and Members (collectively, the “Releases”) harmless from any and all claims or causes of action arising out of the boarding of this dog in my home. I expressly release and discharge Releases from any and all liability, claims, demands or causes of action whatsoever arising out of any damage, loss, personal injury or death to me and/or my children/child/ward, while the dog is boarding in my home. This release is valid and effective whether the damage, loss or death is a result of any act or omission on the part of any of Releases or from any other cause. This waiver and release of all liability includes, without limitation, any injuries, illness, or accidents, which may occur as a result of the dog boarding in my home. By proceeding with this transaction, I understand that I voluntarily give up my right to sue the above mentioned parties.
Whether you are a member or a host, you agree not to hold The Pet Sitting Club or its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agent or third party providers liable for any damage, suits, claims, and/or controversies (collectively, “liabilities”) that have arisen or may arise, whether known or unknown, relating to your use of or inability to use the services or site, including without limitations any liabilities arising in connection with (a) any instruction, advice, act or service provided by The Pet Sitting Club or its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents or third party providers, (b) any destruction of your information, (c) any dispute with any other users of the site or services, (d) hosts’s failure to provide services or provisions of incomplete or poor services, (e) any injuries or harm suffered by you or any third party (including without limitation your family members, friends or other unrelated parties), (f) any injures or harm suffered by any dogs or other pets, (g) any damage or harm to real or personel property, or (h) any other contact , act or omissions of any other party, including without limitation stalking harassment that is sexual or otherwise, acts of physical violence, or destruction of property.
Under no circumstances shall The Pet Sitting Club or its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents or third party providers be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from your use or inability to use this site of the services, including you reliance of any information obtained from this site that result in mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion or corruption of files, viruses, delays in operating or transmissions, or any failure of performance. The foregoing limitation of liability shall apply in any action, whether in contract, tort or any other claim, even is an authorised representative of The Pet Sitting Club has been advised of or should have knowledge of the possibility of such damages. By your use of this site, acknowledge that this paragraph shall apply to all content, goods and services available through this site, except where the exclusions or limitations of incidental or consequential damages is prohibited by law. Certain jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of certain warranties or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the foregoing limitations may not apply to you. If, notwithstanding the foregoing exclusions, I is determined that The Pet Sitting Club or its affiliates, officers, directors, employers, agents or third party providers are liable for damages, in novena will the aggregate liability, whether arsing in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise exceed two thousand great British pounds (£2,000.00).
You agree that the limitations specified in this section will survive and apply even if any limited remedy specified in these Terms is found to have failed of its essential purpose. You also expressly acknowledge and agree that The Pet Sitting Club has set its prices and entered into these Terms in reliance upon the limitations of liability specified herein, which allocate the risk between you and The Pet Sitting Club and form a basis of the bargain between the parties.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
Except where expressly provide otherwise by The Pet Sitting Club, the content and services offered on the site are provided “as is,” and are for use as contracted herein. Except for the express warranties set forth herein, The Pet Sitting CLUB and its affiliates, officers, directors, employers, agents, as well as its third party providers, herby disclaim all express or implied representations, warranties, guaranties, and condition with regard to the site, hosts. The content, and the goods and services associated therewith including but not limited to any implied representations, warranties, guarantees, and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infridgment, and quality of goods and services except to the extent that such disclaimer are held up legally invalid. The Pet Sitting Club and its third party providers make no representations guarantees or warranties regarding the reliability, available, timeless, quality, suitability, truth, accuracy or completeness of the website and the good, services and/or materials associated with the site, or the results you may obtain by accessing or using the site and/or the goods, services and/or materials associated therewith. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, and The Pet Sitting Club its third party providers do not represent or warrant that (a) the operation or use of the site or services will be timely, secure, uninterrupted or error-free: (b) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material you purchase, secure or otherwise obtain through the site will meet your requirements; or (c) the services offered via the site available are free of viruses or other harmful components. You acknowledge that neither The Pet Sitting Club nor its third party providers control the transfer of data over communications facilities, including the internet, and then site and services and/or materials associated therewith may be subject to limitations, delays, and other problems inherent in the use of such communications facilities, The Pet Sitting Club is not responsible for any delays, delivery failures, or other damage resulting from such problem, except where expressly provided otherwise by the Pet Sitting Club. The Pet Sitting Club expressly disclaim any warranty related to the quality of goods and/or services and the persons or business referenced on the site. You use third party providers and affiliated services at your peril and assume all risks related to the use of said third party providers and services. Licensing and certification requirements (or the absence thereof) for some or all the services offered by hosts widely vary by state, county, city, municipal or township. The Pet Sitting Club makes no representations or warranties that any of the hosts or users offering services through the site have complied with any applicable state, county or municipal law, stature, ordinance or regulations.
You shall defend indemnify, and hold harmless The Pet Sitting Club and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, and Third Party Providers (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) against any and all claims, costs, damages, losses, liabilities and expenses (including attorneys’ fees and costs) incurred by Indemnified Parties in connection with a claim by a third party related to you or your use of the Services. The Indemnified Parties reserve the right, at their own expense, to assume the exclusive defines and control of any matter otherwise subject to your indemnification. You will not, in any event, settle any claim or matter without the written consent of the relevant Indemnified Parties. The Pet Sitting Club and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, and Third Party Providers shall have no indemnification obligation or other liability for any claim of infringement arising from (a) use of the Site and/or the goods, services or Content associated with the Site other than in accordance with these Terms; (b) the combination of the Site and/or the goods, services or Content associated with the Website with any other products, services, or materials; or (c) any third party products, services, or materials.
Termination and Account Cancellation
may, in its sole discretion and without liability to you, with or without cause, with or without prior notice and at any time: (a) terminate these Terms or your access to our Site, and (b) deactivate or cancel you’re The Pet Sitting Club Account or registration or similar uses of the Site. The Pet Sitting Club proprietary rights, disclaimer of warranties, indemnities, limitations of liability and miscellaneous provisions shall survive any such termination. The Pet Sitting Club may provide notice of termination by regular mail or email. You may cancel you’re The Pet Sitting Club Account at any time by sending an email to Connect@ThePetSittingClub.com. However, you are personally liable for any orders, listings or pending transactions that you place or charges that you incur prior to your termination/cancellation. Please note that if you’re The Pet Sitting Club Account is cancelled, we do not have an obligation to delete or return to you any Content you have posted to the Site.
Intellectual Property Rights
All materials provided on the Site, including but not limited to Content, information, documents, products, logos, graphics, sounds, images, compilations, and services are protected by international copyright and trademark laws. The owner of the copyrights and trademarks, names, logos and service marks are The Pet Sitting Club, its affiliates or respective third-party authors, developers or vendors (“Third Party Providers”). Except as stated herein, none of the materials may be modified, copied, printed, reproduced, distributed, republished, performed, downloaded, displayed, posted, transmitted and/or otherwise used in any form or by any means, including but not limited to electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or other means, without the prior express written permission of The Pet Sitting Club and/or a Third-Party Provider. Also, you may not “mirror” or “archive” any Content displayed on or otherwise accessible from the Site on any other server without the prior express written permission of The Pet Sitting Club.
Employment and Withholding
The Pet Sitting Club is not an employment service and does not serve as an employer of any User. As such, The Pet Sitting Club will not be liable for any tax or withholding, including but not limited to unemployment insurance, employer’s liability, social security or payroll withholding tax in connection with your use of the Services. You understand and agree that if The Pet Sitting Club is found to be liable for any tax or withholding tax in connection with your use of the Services, then you will immediately reimburse and pay to The Pet Sitting Club an equivalent amount, including any interest or penalties thereon.
No independent contractor, agency, partnership, joint venture, employer-employee or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this Agreement. Without limiting the foregoing, The Pet Sitting Club is not acting as an agent for any Host, Member or any other user or visitor of the Services or the Site.
Local Indirect Taxes
You are responsible for complying with all applicable tax laws and regulations related to your use of the Site and the Services. Without limiting the foregoing, each Host is responsible for determining any applicable local indirect taxes and for including such taxes or obligations related to such taxes in his or her listings. The Pet Sitting Club is not responsible for any taxes related to your use of the Site and the Services.
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
If any provision of these Terms is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, then such provision(s) shall be construed to reflect the intentions of the invalid or unenforceable provision(s), with all other provisions remaining in full force and effect.
You may not assign these Terms without the prior written approval of The Pet Sitting Club. Any purported assignment in violation of this section shall be void. The Pet Sitting Club reserves the right to use Third Party Providers in the provision of the Website and/or the goods, service and/or Materials associated therewith. In the event of any litigation of any controversy or dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms, its interpretation, its performance, or the like, the prevailing party shall be awarded reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses, court or arbitral forum costs, and reasonable costs for expert and other witnesses attributable to the prosecution or defines of that controversy or dispute. Any and all rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by The Pet Sitting Club.
GENERAL TERMS FOR ALL COUPON CODES
• Customers booking home dog boarding, day care or walking services from one of our Hosts at the Site using a general or personal coupon code are eligible to get a discount.
• The discount is only valid for bookings made during the specified time period and for a minimum of specified nights.
• Standard minimum nights apply on the coupon (2 nights) should nothing else be stated.
• A coupon code cannot be used with other discounts or coupon codes.
• Unless otherwise stated, coupons and promotions are applicable on a per household basis only.
• In addition, members of the same household should not create multiple The Pet Sitting Club users nor split reservations with one or multiple dogs solely with the purpose of benefiting from discounts or promotions.
• We reserve the right to not apply a specific promotion on any given booking, where there’s suspicion of misuse as defined by The Pet Sitting Club from time to time.
• If the total amount of a booking is equal or less to the value of the coupon/credit, we will need to charge a £1 fee, as bookings must have a nominal price for insurance purposes.
• If you have to cancel a booking where a coupon was used, please contact support to reactivate your coupon.
• We have the right to make changes to these coupon code terms.
• Code entitles customer to £10 discount on their booking
• Code RSPCA must be used when making a booking
• Code use limited to one use per customer
• Valid for residents of the UK only
• Promotion only valid for customers making their first booking with The Pet Sitting Club
• Discount only valid between 00:01am (GMT) 1st January – 11:59pm (BST) 31st August 2017 (but booking can be made for any time)
• Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer
• No cash alternative provided
Referral Programme Terms and Conditions
The following covers a few of the rules for our Owner-to-Owner and Sitter-to-Owner referral programmes, to make sure everyone plays fair.
Referring New Owners to The Pet Sitting Club
• Hold an active The Pet Sitting Club account to benefit from The Pet Sitting Club referral programme.
• Only have one The Pet Sitting Club account – of any type – that must be in good standing.
• Not establish fake accounts for the purpose of defrauding The Pet Sitting Club.
• Not refer themselves – nice try!
• Refer multiple New Owners to The Pet Sitting Club — there’s no limit!
• Post their unique referral link on personal social media accounts, excluding any site that is contributed to or is owned by someone else (e.g. Wikipedia and coupon websites).
• Not promote The Pet Sitting Club referral programme via paid for marketing channels, for example social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram) or search engine marketing (e.g. AdWords, Yahoo, or Bing).
Being referred to The Pet Sitting Club
New Owners must:
• Visit ThePetSittingClub.com via a unique The Pet Sitting Club referral link.
• Permit The Pet Sitting Club to use a cookie to track when a booking is made.
• Be completely new to The Pet Sitting Club – i.e. they can’t have an existing account nor made a previous booking.
• Make a first-time booking with a value (after coupon deduction) that exceeds the value of the cash reward (as specified below).
• Not establish fake accounts for the purpose of defrauding The Pet Sitting Club.
When referring New Owners, Existing The Pet Sitting Club Owners will receive a credit reward as defined in the referral section in your dashboard: https://thepetsittingclub.com/dashboards
Credit will only be added to an Existing Owner’s account:
• once a referred new Member’s booking has been completed.
• if a referred new Member’s first booking value (after coupon deduction) exceeds the value of the cash reward (as specified above).
• if The Pet Sitting Club believes beyond all certainty that the referral and booking are not fraudulent.
When referring New Owners, The Pet Sitting Club Sitters will receive a cash reward as defined in the referral section in your dashboard: https://thepetsittingclub.com/dashboard
Cash rewards will only be paid to a Sitter:
• who has provided accurate bank account details to The Pet Sitting Club.
• once a referred new Member’s booking has been completed.
• if a referred new Member’s first booking value (after coupon deduction) exceeds the value of the cash reward (as specified above).
• if The Pet Sitting Club believes beyond all certainty that the referral and booking are not fraudulent.
What is The Pet Sitting Club credit?
• ‘Credit’ is the word The Pet Sitting Club uses to describe the value credited to your The Pet Sitting Club account – it has no actual monetary value and can’t be exchanged, transferred, redeemed, replaced or refunded for proper cash.
• Credit can be used as part or full payment for any The Pet Sitting Club service (boarding, day care, walking, custom bookings) but not for purchasing The Pet Sitting Club Gift Cards.
• Credit lasts for 12 months without making a booking. When a booking is made, credit balances automatically refresh for another 12 months, even if credit isn’t used as payment.
• The Pet Sitting Club credit cannot be transferred from Member to Member.
• To avoid any doubt: The Pet Sitting Club credit ultimately belongs to The Pet Sitting Club.
Things to note:
• Should a The Pet Sitting Club Member closes their account, any leftover credit will be returned to The Pet Sitting Club.
• The Pet Sitting Club may decide from time to time to make an exception to the Terms and Conditions. It is rare that this will happen, however should this occur, all Terms and Conditions remain unchanged for all other instances and Members.
• The Pet Sitting Club will update the Terms & Conditions should any rules or incentives relating to the referral programme change. It’s not often that this happens, but it is possible.
• Any abuse of The Pet Sitting Club referral programme will result in suspension of a Member’s The Pet Sitting Club account. Suspension of accounts and all other enforcement of the rules above is at the sole discretion of The Pet Sitting Club.
The Pet Sitting Club Gift Cards bear a unique voucher code which a user may apply to a service purchased through ThePetSittingClub.com
Gift Cards are available only in four denominations; £10, £25, £50 and £100.
The Gift Card and associated voucher code are valid for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase.
The Gift Card can only be purchased from The Pet Sitting Club website.
The Gift Card cannot be exchanged for a cash sum.
Only one Gift Card can be applied to any single booking.
Gift Cards can be used to pay for a booking in part or in full. In any instance where the value of the gift card matches or exceeds the full booking cost, a £1 transaction fee must be paid to complete the booking and ensure the booking insurance policy is active. This will be payable at checkout.
Gift Cards are despatched within 2 working days and delivered by 1st Class Royal Mail. If the addressee fails to receive the Gift Card within 7 working days, it should be reported as undelivered to The Pet Sitting Club team. After such time the Gift Card is considered as delivered and any replacement necessary may incur an administration cost.
In the case where a Gift Card is lost or needs replacing after the card has been delivered, the purchaser must contact The Pet Sitting Club support team via email or by telephone to arrange for a new card to be issued. An administration fee may be incurred. The replacement card will only remain valid until the expiry date of the original Gift Card.
If a booking value exceeds the value of the Gift Card, the user must pay the balance.
If the Gift Card value exceeds the booking value, the user may request for the remaining value to be added to their account in the form of a credit. This credit can only be used to book services from The Pet Sitting Club site and must remain on the user’s account until such time as it is used to make full or part payment of a booking on the site. The credit cannot be refunded to the user.
The Gift Card is not covered by the Payment Services Regulations 2009 or the Electronic Money Regulations 2011. The purchase of a Gift Card is the purchase of a means of payment, it is not a deposit. You will not earn interest on the balance of the card.
The buyer may cancel their purchase of a Gift Card for a refund within 14 days from the date of purchase. Cancellations must be made by emailing The Pet Sitting Club support team on Connect@ThePetSittingClub.com. The refund will be processed upon return of the physical gift card which must be in good condition and in its original packaging. The Gift Card must be returned to The Pet Sitting Club,71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, United Kingdom, WC2H 9JQ.
Contacting The Pet Sitting Club
If you have any questions about these Terms or the Site, please contact The Pet Sitting Club at Connect@ThePetSittingClub.com.